The system requirements of archifm.net system can be specified in two different ways depending on whether it is used as hosted or locally installed application. There is also a part – the client computer requirements – that is common in both installation modes.
System requirements of archifm.net client side:
In both installation modes it is required to have network connection (either LAN or WIFI/GSM 3G) between the archifm.net application server and the client computers. Most of the data processing and calculations are done by the server, the client computers only display the calculated content in a simple web browser. There is no significant client hardware requirement, certainly the more power the computer has the faster the application will run. A sample client machine configuration can be the following as the minimum requirement:
- Processor: Intel Core i3
- Memory: 2 – 4GB RAM
- Bandwidth between the client and server: 2048kBps/128kBps
- Internet Explorer 9,Firefox 3+, Google Chrome 15+, Safari 4+, Opera 10+
The archifm.net application can be run in the browser of most mobile devices like the iPad or Samsung Android tablets.
At those work-spaces, where the user will use ArchiCAD for graphical data management, there is a stronger hardware demand, as those machines will do the rendering of floor plans and 3D views. The most important by these computers that ArchiCAD needs to be installed onto them together with the archifm.net ArchiCAD Add-On. The following minimum hardware is recommended for these client computers:
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- HDD: 200Gb, minimum 7200rpm
- Video Card: minimum 512Mb RAM, DirectX 9 compatibility (or stronger)
- Bandwidth between the client and server: 2048kBps/512kBps
- Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate operating system, 64 bit edition
- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
Cloud services – in case of using application hosting (SaaS) model:
If you would like to use archifm.net in SaaS construction using the hosted services we provide, then in addition to the hardware configuration mentioned above in the client section there is nothing more needed.
Local installation, setting up a server at the Client environment:
If you wish to run archifm.net hosted inside your company, in your local environment, then a dedicated server needs to be setup. To have it well administered and supported within the confines of a Software Support Contract it is recommended to setup a remote assistance system, so that our professionals will be able to maintain the server to run it always stable and updated.
The hardware and software requirements of the dedicated server are the following:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 or Xeon, 2GHz+
- Memory: 8Gb RAM
- HDD: 200GB, minimum 10 000rpm or using SSD drives in RAID1,3,5 for data protection purposes
- Video Card: there is no requirement, simplest is enough
- Required bandwidth to serve the clients: 4MBps (upload to the server)/8MBps (download from the server)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard x64, or Windows Web Server 2008 R2 x64 with Internet Information Services (IIS) v7.5
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0+
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Installer 4.5